Thursday, January 22, 2015
Feast of St. Vincent, Deacon & Martyr
- Mass at 7 a.m. this morning. 5 in attendance. Glenna couldn’t make it. Never realized that St. Vincent and St. Agnes were both martyred around the same year. One for refusing to deny the faith, the other for speaking the faith. We thank God for their example. We need more like them in our world today.
- Took a nap after mass. Then made some calls to order supplies from Michigan Church Supply (Altar Bread) and Jeff Toney (Toner, paper)
- Had an early lunch with some EMS squad folks.
- Spoke with John B. He’s home from the Hospital yesterday. I was to pick him up today, but he was let out early and his cousin was there. He states he’s doing well and even was out of the house running some errands. He says he a little slower paced than normal but able to function. He’ll be at church on Sunday playing the organ. I know that everyone will be happy to see him back!
- Met with Mrs Countryman at 2 p.m. Had a great visit. She seems to be doing well. 99 and still sharp as a tack. Talked a little about her nursing background.
- Driving through town, saw Marcia G. out in her driveway. Stopped by for a quick chat.
- Did some work on the leaflets – finished them to final draft, but waiting to see if we can get the ink in before trying to print them out.
- Played around a little on the ham radio this evening. Put together a 2 meter 1/4 wave antenna. Ran the antenna wire from the attic. Made 2 contacts this evening. Planning on going to the Club meeting Monday evening at Uno’s in Queensbury. Looking forward to meeting new folks and learning, too.